Hitachi Rail STS’s health and safety in the workplace policy is based on the application of the requirements of relevant standards, namely OHSAS 18001:2007, and other international standards, in compliance with national and international regulations. Hitachi Rail STS develops a plan focused on continuously improving health and safety standards.
Hitachi Rail STS undertakes to:
- ensure and maintain a safe and healthy workplace environment and prevent injuries, illnesses or damage to the health of employees, suppliers, customers and visitors;
- extend OHSAS 18001 certification to all Hitachi Rail STS sites, continuously improving the effectiveness of the health and safety in the workplace management system;
- continuously improve the aforementioned management systems’ performance, not only with respect to the prevention of injuries and work-related illnesses, but also in terms of more general employee wellbeing;
- adopt risk assessment criteria for all dangers relating to work activities which, in compliance with national and international legislation, also consider best practices;
- increase the training and updating of all employees in order to make them more aware of the risks related to their activities;
- continue developing activities to spread a culture of safety with all suppliers and concerned parties.
This policy is shared with all Hitachi Rail STS personnel and all concerned parties online and via the company Intranet.