The Board of Directors of Ansaldo STS (STS.MI) according to Company’s performance and market outlook, unanimously approved the 2017 Guidance:
New Orders: 1,500 – 2,000 euro millions
Order Backlog: 6,500 – 7,000 euro millions
Revenue: 1,350 – 1,450 euro millions
EBIT margin (ROS): 9.4 % - 9.8%
Net Financial Position (positive net cash): (330) – (380) euro millions
This press release contains statements that are provisional in nature, based on Ansaldo STS current objectives and forecasts. These provisional statements are by their nature subject to a number of unforeseeable risk factors, which could lead to results that are different from the plans, objectives and expectations expressed herein.
The reported figures will be commented by the management of the Company during the usual analysts conference call following the approval of the draft financial statements by the Board of Directors, scheduled for February 27th.
Ansaldo STS Management also assesses the performance of the group and the business units using certain indicators that are not defined by the IFRS-EU. The components of each indicator are described below as required by CESR/05 - 178b Communication:
- EBIT: earnings before interest and taxes, before any adjustment. EBIT excludes gains or losses on unconsolidated equity investments and securities, as well as any gains or losses on sales of consolidated equity investments, which are classified under “financial income and expense” or “share of profits (losses) of equity-accounted investees” if related to equity accounted investments. .
- New orders: the sum of the contracts agreed with customers during the period that meet the contractual requirements to be recorded in the orders book.
- Order backlog: is the difference between new orders and revenue for the period (including the change in contract work in progress). This difference is added to the backlog for the previous year.
- Return on Sales (R.O.S.): is the ratio of EBIT to revenue.
- Net financial position or debt: is the calculation method used that complies with paragraph 127 of the CESR/05-054b recommendations implementing Regulation (EC) no. 809/2004