Genoa, 28 July 2015
THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS APPROVES THE FIRST HALF FINANCIAL
REPORT AT 30 JUNE 2015 AND REVISES
ORDER GUIDANCE FOR 2015
RESIGNATION OF DIRECTORS IN CONNECTION WITH THE
FINMECCANICA – HITACHI TRANSACTION
- New orders at EUR 464.6 million (-47.8%)
- Order backlog at EUR 6,261.6 million (+6.7%)
- Revenue at EUR 632.4 million (+8.8%)
- EBIT at EUR 57.9 million (+11.5%)
- Net result at EUR 39.3 million (+8.4%)
- Net Financial Position, positive net cash, at EUR (276.5) million (+37.5%)
- Guidance 2015 for orders intake revised
- Resignation of the Directors appointed by Finmeccanica S.p.A.
The Board of Directors of ANSALDO STS (STS.MI), has examined and approved the Group's consolidated First-Half Financial Report at 30 June 2015.
New Orders during the first half of 2015 amount to EUR 464.6 million compared with EUR 889.6 million at 30 June 2014; Order Backlog is EUR 6,261.6 million (EUR 6,120.8 million at 31 December 2014, and EUR 5,870.8 million at 30 June 2014).
Revenue is EUR 632.4 million, an increase of EUR 51.3 million compared with the 2014 first half value of EUR 581.1 million. The increase is primarily due to a different mix following the start of new contracts awarded in recent years.
Operating Income (EBIT) is EUR 57.9 million, compared with EUR 52.0 million at 30 June 2014, an increase of about EUR 6 million due the higher volumes.
Return on Sales (ROS) is 9.2% compared with 8.9% in the same period of the previous year.
Net Result is EUR 39.3 million (6.2% of revenue), an increase of 8.4% compared with EUR 36.3 million at 30 June 2014.
The CEO of Ansaldo STS, Stefano Siragusa, is very satisfied with these results "which show an excellent management of the company with great attention to efficiency, effectiveness and costs, although in a difficult market environment."