London, May 5th 2016
The main first quarter key performance indicators, as detailed in the table below, are the following:
- Order backlog at EUR 6,417.3 million (EUR 6,428.4 million at first quarter 2015)
- New Orders acquired at EUR 311.3 million (EUR 347.1 million at first quarter 2015)
- Revenue of EUR 291.2 million, increased compared with EUR 284.6 million at first quarter 2015
- EBIT reclassified of EUR 25.8 million, +8.4% compared with first quarter 2015 (EUR 23.8 million at first quarter 2015). EBIT of EUR 23.4 million
- EBIT margin (ROS) reclassified is 8.9%, 50 basis points higher compared with first quarter 2015. (8.4% at first quarter 2015). EBIT margin (ROS) is 8.0%
- Net Result reclassified of EUR 21.3 million, +20.3% compared with first quarter 2015 (EUR 17.7 million at first quarter 2015). Net Result of EUR 19.7 million
- Net Result reclassified is 7.3% of revenue, 110 basis points higher versus 6.2% at first quarter 2015. Net Result is 6.8% of revenue.
- Free operating cash flow (FOCF) reclassified at EUR (6.8) million, compared with EUR 48.2 million of first quarter 2015. Free operating cash flow (FOCF) at EUR (8.5) million
- Net Financial Position reclassified (cash surplus/positive net cash) of EUR (330.0) million, compared with EUR (342.5) million at March 2015. Net Financial Position (cash surplus/positive net cash) of EUR (328.3) million
The Board of Directors of Ansaldo STS (STS.MI) has approved today the Interim Consolidated Management Report of the Group at 31 March 2016 and unanimously congratulated the CEO for the significant results achieved not only in the first quarter of 2016, but during all its management.
The Chief Executive Officer and General Manager, Stefano Siragusa, thanking the Board of Directors for support and appreciation, recalled that “the results are about the entire management team and all the colleagues who, with passion and determination, welcomed the innovative transformation project V2A launched almost three years ago. Ansaldo STS, in just three years, has further strengthened its economic, financial and patrimonial situation: new orders grew by 160%, revenues by about 20%, net result of approximately 80% and cash generation of about 90%.
The Company has achieved levels of efficiency and effectiveness never reached before without penalizing its own future and that of its resources: Research and Development costs increased by about 30%, and due also to this profitability of the Company has grown by about one percentage point. This technological strengthening will allow Ansaldo STS, their professionals, but also Customers and Shareholders all to look with confidence to the future".