- Draft annual report and 2010 consolidated accounts approved
- Dividend of EUR 0.28 per share to be proposed to the shareholders’meeting (+8%)
- Ansaldo STS closes 2010 with a consolidated net profit of EUR 95 million (+8%)
- Value of production at EUR 1,284 million (+9%)
- EBIT up to EUR 137 million (+10%)
- New orders of EUR 1,985 million (+11%)
- Order backlog at 31 December 2010 of EUR 4,551 million (+21%)
- Positive cash position of EUR 318 million (+14%)
- Presented forecasts for 2011
- Approved Corporate Governance report
The Board of Directors of Ansaldo STS (STS.MI), meeting today under the chairmanship of Alessandro Pansa, has approved the draft 2010 annual report, which will be submitted to the shareholders’ meeting convened for 4 April 2010, or in the absence of a quorum on 5 April 2010, as well as the consolidated 2010 accounts for the Ansaldo STS Group.
For 2010, Ansaldo STS recorded consolidated net profit of EUR 94.9 million, a rise of 8.1% compared to the EUR 87.8 million booked for 2009. The Board of Directors has decided to propose to the annual shareholders’ meeting a dividend for each share with dividend rights of EUR 0.28, an 8% increase on the previous year, gross of statutory withholding tax, to be paid from 26 May 2011 (ex-date: 23 May 2011, coupon no. 5).
Sergio De Luca, CEO of Ansaldo STS, said: “The 2010 results confirm the Group’s ability to deliver a positive performance even under difficult economic conditions, once again fully meeting the forecasts communicated to the market. The income statement and balance sheet figures demonstrate significant further growth: the Group is now a global player with a geographically diversified order book and a full range of high-tech products. In addition, the launch of our cost-cutting plan and our new internal organization enable us to better meet the challenges of a market in which demand is progressively becoming more globalised”.