Pioneer for advanced technologies:
For Decades, Hitachi Rail STS has been a worldwide Pioneer in the railway industry:
- In France as early as 1981 with the Paris-Lyon line (the first High Speed line in Europe)
- In Spain with the first HSL using ERTMS technology (Madrid-Lerida)
- In UK with the first HSL (High Speed One connecting Paris to London) and the first ERTMS line (Cambrian line)
- In Sweden with Haparandabanan (first ERTMS deployment in Sweden)
- In Morocco with the Tangier-Kenitra line (the first High Speed line and first application of the ERTMS technology in whole Africa)
- In Italy with the first ERTMS 2 applications on High Speed National network
Technologies for Main Lines and High Speed Rails
- TVM: signalling system developed by Hitachi Rail STS in the early 80’s tailored for the needs and specificities of the first High Speed Lines in France, China and South Korea.
- ERTMS/ETCS L1 & L2: standard signalling solutions combined with High Speed Rail, Conventional lines and Heavy Haul technologies for safer and interoperable networks.
- Hitachi Rail STS is among the 8 UNIFE members who developed the ERTMS project in close cooperation with the European Union, railway stakeholders and the GSM-R industry.
ERTMS/ETCS L1/L2 Main References